cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPU_Config(void) instead of MX_GPIO_init(void)

Afsd24
Associate II

Hello, 

I am working on STM32H743VIT6 MCU. when I generate the code, I get MPU_Config(void) function instead of MX_GPIO_init(void) with no GPIO configuration. How can I fix this? 

Thank you in advanceMPU_config.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Salam @Afsd24 

For this cortex-M7 device, it is recommended to preconfigure the MPU. So, on the last versions of CubeMX when you select this MCU and a few other cortex-M7 MCUs and Click on start project you will receive this message:

STTwo32_0-1713686130865.png

Clicking Yes will generate a configuration of the MPU on the function MPU_Config(void). If you don't want, you just have to answer No to this message.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please provide which CubeMx version you are using?

Could you please attach your .ioc file?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Afsd24
Associate II

Here is the .ioc file. now I get the MX_GPIO_init(void) function but i still have MPU_Config(void) 

Hi,

(i also use the devEbox H743 board)

so just dont use the MPU , if you dont know how to use :

AScha3_0-1713685883209.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Salam @Afsd24 

For this cortex-M7 device, it is recommended to preconfigure the MPU. So, on the last versions of CubeMX when you select this MCU and a few other cortex-M7 MCUs and Click on start project you will receive this message:

STTwo32_0-1713686130865.png

Clicking Yes will generate a configuration of the MPU on the function MPU_Config(void). If you don't want, you just have to answer No to this message.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your help. it works properly now 

Salam,

Thank you for your help it works properly now