cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure current with LPM01A (X-NUCLEO-LPM01A).

David R
Associate II

Dear Community,

The standard measure for power consumption in my company is done with the LPM01A (X-NUCLEO-LPM01A).

So if I understand right, it uses STM32L496 DAC converter to measure current with supplied voltage from the voltage regulator.

I also need to measure some battery capacity, so I wonder if I can use it only for current measurment, without using the Vout/VDD power supply? Is it possible to disconnect/isolate it in order to use a battery as target board?

Thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Philippe Cherbonnel
ST Employee

Hi David,

The board X-NUCLEO-LPM01 generates a voltage with STM32L496 DAC and a LDO, and measure the current with STM32L496 ADC.

The voltage generation and current measurement are linked: a regulation circuitry tunes the voltage level to compensate voltage drop on sensing resistors. This is why it cannot be used as an ampere meter only, without generating a voltage.

for more details, you can refer to user manuals of board (UM2243) and FW (UM2269) available on www.st.com.

Best regards

Philippe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Philippe Cherbonnel
ST Employee

Hi David,

The board X-NUCLEO-LPM01 generates a voltage with STM32L496 DAC and a LDO, and measure the current with STM32L496 ADC.

The voltage generation and current measurement are linked: a regulation circuitry tunes the voltage level to compensate voltage drop on sensing resistors. This is why it cannot be used as an ampere meter only, without generating a voltage.

for more details, you can refer to user manuals of board (UM2243) and FW (UM2269) available on www.st.com.

Best regards

Philippe