cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Control Workbench and STM32CubeIDE doesn´t work !

Takumi Lee
Associate III

Hi,

i want to use Nucleo F303RE & IHM08M1 together to drive a PMSM.

At first, I test the STM32CubeIDE with a led blink example, it works immediately.

Then I test my motor, in the Motor Profiler, it works too.

Now I want to use the MotorControl Workbench 5.4.1 FULL, to generate the source code for the STM32CubeIDE, but i get a toolchain error message. If I open the project in the IDE appears following error, in the approach are screenshots from my proceed.

I tried to use the codegeneration for True Studio in the STCubeIDE, without success.

In Motor Control Workbench

0690X00000ArJweQAF.jpg

[Run Cube MX]

Options in Cube MX

0690X00000ArJwjQAF.jpg

[Generate Code] -> [Open Project]

0690X00000ArJwoQAF.jpg

Project folder0690X00000ArJwtQAF.jpg

Open STMCubeIDE and the project.

0690X00000ArJxIQAV.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Takumi Lee
Associate III

UPDATE: A other problem is the Avast Antivirus, too.

I delete it now ! 

Hi,

after I formatted my PC "now with WIN 10" I only install CubeMX, SW4 and MCSDK, (now code generation works).

Yes in brackets.

According to ST, you should use the firmware F1.10 for Nucleo-F3 boards, but this causes the known errors.

But with the firmware F1.11 not, there are only pointer warnings, which you can ignore for now, usually not.

I suspect that if you install the Cube IDE before or after, CubeMX gets confused. (Update, with the Cube IDE you an not RUN the application only debug mode, i read and found it on the release) <- it annoys me [USE SW4 !]

I suspect this because, after the QC generation for SW4 is done, CubeMX still used the CubeIDE.

And after I have uninstalled CubeIDE, CubeMX used the CubeIDE again... -.-

However, as long as you do not generate QC from the MCSCK, all IDEs works.

I hope ST brings in the near future a harmony in their (in my opinion) very well constructed concept.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Please takes care to get complete STM32 tool suite up to date. Motor control flow is working fine on my side only if relying on latest STM32CubeMX (i.e. 5.4.0 release) and STM32CubeIDE (i.e. 1.1.0 release) releases.

According your snapshots sounds obvious [Generate Code] -> [Open project] cannot work because lacking .project & .cproject files which are IDE (Eclipse in fact) prioprietary and mandatory ones. By the way still according your snapshots STM32CubeIDE repository doesn't exist at all …. ??

Your issue is why such files / directory are not generated ? … maybe tool suite install issue ...

What's sounds more weird is TrueStudio generation is not working …

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II
Takumi Lee
Associate III

Hi Cartu,

at first, thank you for your answer.

Please takes care to get complete STM32 tool suite up to date:

*Yes, STM32CubeMX 5.4.0 with STM32CubeF3 Firmware Package V1.11.0 & V1.10.0 (because is recommend on MotorControlWorkbench)

*STM32CubeIDE 1.0.2

*Motor Control Workbench 5.4.1

hmm, ok i think i deinstall all STprogramms, and install it again...

The codegeneration works for TrueStudio on Motor Control Workbench, but why i should use TrueStudio, if i get build errors too ?

Today i installed System Workbench, i get only errors on tim.h ! It looks like constant parameters would be missing here. But this is a other topic.

I think the best way will be, for me, that you describe your approach to creating a project.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

According info I may have, STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 is must have to get motor control flow running successfully targetting STM32CubeIDE as toolchain.

STM is discontinuing TrueStudio product. Would rely on STM32CubeIDE myself.

Takumi Lee
Associate III

I have looked at your link and followed the following instructions:

1. Uninstall CubeMX, all folders
  2. Uninstall MCW 5.4.1, all folders
  3. Uninstall STM32CubeIDE, all folders
  4. Uninstall Java
  5. Install Java 64 bit (Windows offline (64 bit)) here: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
  6. Install CubeMX
  7. install MCW 5.4.1
  8. install STM32CubeIDE

But the same problem:

0690X00000ArNElQAN.jpg

0690X00000ArNErQAN.jpg

0690X00000ArNF5QAN.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm already doing almost 2 complete days around it !

Takumi Lee
Associate III

Yes, i use STM32CubeIDE Version 1.1.0 too.

DMatt.2
Associate II

Andrea Canepa address the MCworkshop and CubeIDE issue in another thread.

https://community.st.com/s/messages/0D50X0000BUiAadSQF

Summary: Release Notes for MCworkshop says it won't generate code for CubeIDE, but there is a work-around that is discussed in the release notes, which I was able to get to work. On a related note, if you try multiple things to solve the problem it is possible to corrupt your workspace. There are STM folders in your %USER% space that may need to be removed before proceeding. Also, make sure that your run CubeMX PRIOR to installing MCworkshop.

Took me a week but I was finally able to get it to code generation for the MCworkshop to compie and run on a target with a lot of trial and error and reviewing of this forum.

Takumi Lee
Associate III

Hi Mattern,

There are STM folders in your %USER% space that may need to be removed before proceeding. <- I removed everything bevor reinstallation.

Also, make sure that your run CubeMX PRIOR to installing MCworkshop. <- I didn't do that, is a deinstallation and reinstallation of MCW sufficient to solve the problem? (edit: i try it, it doesn´t work)

I think your link do not work...

(edit) Definitely lies the problem on the Cube MX, I can only execute the LED blink example, if I create the project directly in the CubeIDE. When I open Cube MX and use code generate, it also comes the toolchain problem ...

(edit)

______________[not build]__________________________________________________ [not build]

0690X00000ArOC2QAN.jpg

DMatt.2
Associate II

Takumi, The link works for me, but try searching for "MCSDK-5.4.0 to CubeIDE problem" in the forum.

I don't know if NOT running MX prior to reinstalling MCWorkshop will cause a problem. That did not work for me.

I'm just telling you what worked for me.

In one of the STmicro documents it explicitly states, "run MX once prior to installing MCworkshop", so that's what I did.

Prior to cleaning the %USER% space documents I created a new user account and installed the Cube IDE under that new user account and that helped to identy the corrupted workspace files. These %USER% workspace files/folders have to be removed MANUALLY. The uninstaller does not remove them for you.

I was able to generate code for several MCworkshop examples (6-step and FOC-Potentiometer) and then import these into CubeIDE using the proceduring in the release document and then compile the code successfully. However I've been using the SPN7 and SPN8 examples and I've stepped back to Atollic V9.2 IDE for those projects.