cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run an STEVAL-CTM009V1 from a 24V or 36V battery bank?

JMeye
Associate

I'm very close to purchasing a STEVAL-CTM009V1 kit to try and build a controller for a 1.2kW asynchronous induction motor system. I have both 36V and 24V options for power and motor ratings.

The STEVAL-CTM009V1 documentation says its good for 5kW at up to 48V. I figure that as long as I keep current in allowable bounds, it's probably safe to run the power and capacitor board off of 24V.

I'm pretty new to this world, so I'd like someone else to sanity check this assumption.

Thanks,

Jon

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @JMeye​ 

There is now in the last SDK version demonstration firmware example projects for ACIM showing how the STM32 MC SDK can be used to drive an asynchronous induction motor (ACIM) in field-oriented control (FOC) using a sensorless state observer algorithm to estimate the electrical and mechanical speed and position of the rotor and the rotor flux, or in V/F open-loop sensorless mode.

Please have a look on our STM32 Motor Control Knowledge database here: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32MotorControl:SDK_AC_induction_motor .

Best regards