cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best suitable STM32 part for our applications

Akuma.6
Associate III

Hi Team,

I need your suggestion before the design is freeze as per specification. The existing STM32G series design is still taking more current and couldn't meet our tracking application with long battery life.

• My application is a tracking solution.
  • gps,lte 4g,ble,adc, battery fuel gauge, external power supply, adc, aes encryption, external spi flash for memory, i2c sensors and fota support

based on above requirements need a long-life battery with very low power mcu recommendations.

please suggest the right part series considering the cost.

regards,

anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Akuma.6 

If you are locking for a "very low power MCU", I suggest you use one of the following Low power MCUs

For peripheral and features, I suggest you use the MCU selector filters to select the MCU that you are locking for.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Akuma.6 

If you are locking for a "very low power MCU", I suggest you use one of the following Low power MCUs

For peripheral and features, I suggest you use the MCU selector filters to select the MCU that you are locking for.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Look for U5 if you want low power and rich resources or fot U0 for low power, fewer resources and a lower price. With the L0/1 series , some peripherals are older than on G and so may increase porting effort. L4 is a similar generation as Gx, but Ux will have lower power.

Akuma.6
Associate III

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.

Regards,

Kumar

dhs
Senior

Buddy,

I think the microcontroller is not your main issue. I will try using an STM32U and add an MXChip IoT SoC for faster communication prototyping.