cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CubeMX generation code

idealsim
Associate II

Hi i used Atolic (V9.3.0) before with cube MX. To have the official stm32 IDE i have migrate my project to stm32cubeide --> big error ! Now when i regenerate my project with the integrated cubeMX (or the CubeMX 5.3 app), this erase all my project option (include path, compilation optimization) ! I don't understand to replace a working version (Atolic) with a beta (or alpha) version of stm32cubeIDE !!!:pouting_face:

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I've seen some reports of this behavior and we have a ticket of a certain method that causes this behavior that I've written.

Could you provide a step-by-step guide how you imported the project so I can recreate it? Did you use [Ctrl + S -> Generate Project? -> Yes] or [Alt + K / Project -> Generate Code] to get it to erase project options?

idealsim
Associate II

Hi Markus, i simply use the generate code button to generate the code on CubeMX. On stm32IDE this is automatic ...

To import the prject from trueStudio to stm32Ide i simply use the std way . File --> open project from filesystem, then i choose the root directory where is my project.

Do you experience any issues when importing the project into CubeIDE?

Does the importer recognize the project as "Import TrueSTUDIO project as CubeIDE project" (or something along those lines)?

And do you use the Project -> Generate Code or not?

Hi @Markus GIRDLAND​ 

I'm in the same problem! I've created my project from zero in STM32CubeIDE.

Today I decided update my cubemx to 5.3 version and when I generate code from cubemx I lost my include paths (C/C++ Build > Settings > Include Paths) and I need to add manually again.

It happens with include paths, filters in (C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Source Location) and with my exclude paths configurations. Every code generation is necessary to do a lot of things (redo).

Regards