cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 extension for vscode is not working.

luxae
Associate

Greetings, I'm trying to set up Visual Studio Code to work with STM32 microcontrollers. I've installed the STM32 VS Code Extension, as well as CubeCLT, CubeMX, and FINDER as requested, all with the correct versions to ensure functionality. I've also defined the correct paths. However, the issue I'm facing is that it doesn't detect the workspace libraries like those in CubeCLT, nor does it seem to find the compilation path. I'm encountering many errors. I've tried including absolute paths in c_cpp_properties.json, and some of the issues seem to be resolved, but I've tried a bunch of addresses and not all of them are fixed. It doesn't recognize uint36_t or GPIO defines. Does anyone know what might be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
luxae
Associate

Hello Nawres,

Yes, I've reconfigured the CLT path and now it's working. However, it only worked after compiling in Debug mode. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi @luxae 

could you please open VSCode settings type CLT and check if the correct path is set here ? 

NawresGHARBI_0-1713430400040.png

luxae
Associate

Hello Nawres,

Yes, I've reconfigured the CLT path and now it's working. However, it only worked after compiling in Debug mode. Thanks for your help.