cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST's STM32 MPU C/C++ Application Debugging issue on SM32MP157-Eval using System Workbench for STM32

MBhin
Associate III

Hi ST Community,

i am trying to debug firmware on cortex-m4 of STM32MP157-Eval. i had success debugging OpenAmp_TTY_echo example as instructed in https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Modify,_rebuild_and_reload_a_firmware. But while trying to debug a simple hello world example by same method, the Debug button is always deactive and i am not getting any kind of error or missing setting on debug window as well.

0690X000009YfypQAC.png

Could you please guide me, what i am missing here?

Best Regards,

Bhinder

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi Bhinder,

Debug button is frozen while Debug Configuration settings are not all properly set.

Can you please check the .elf is properly filled in "Main" pane and also that the IP address set is correct ?

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hi Oliver,

Thank you for quick answer. IP address is set correct bcause it is working for OpenAmp_TTY_acho.

it isn't showing me any error in main and Debugger windows, They looks like as follow:

0690X000009Yg3LQAS.png

0690X000009Yg3QQAS.png

BR

Bhinder

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi Bhinder,

I see you are using .out ?

Only .elf format is supported for M4 firmware.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Oliver,

I first taught the same and i have already tried with .elf format

OUTPUT(./out/bsp_quickstart.elf elf32-littlearm)

But .elf format isn't helping in this case either.

0690X000009Yg8VQAS.png

Bhinder