cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting windows simulator to run on target (stm32f769i-disco)

TMitc
Associate II

I have developed a UI in the PC simulator that I would now like to be able to deploy to a board, but it does not seem like there is any way to target the board/generate the target.hex files that can be used in st-link. The UI is quite large and I would like to be able to do this without having to rebuild the entire application from scratch. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Tyler,

I would like there to be a specific option to "migrate" from a simulator project to a target project. Instead, you've got a few ways to go about this:

1. Create a new project for the right target and "import" the gui from your simulator project. This won't copy all your custom code, though.
  2. Create a new project for the right target and copy the target specific folders to your simulator project - A simulator project is actually just a folder without all the bells and whistles / Compilers for your specific target. You could then adapt your .touchgfx project file to have the right post-generate command (from the target specific project) which will update your projects when new files are generated by the designer.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

/Martin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Tyler,

I would like there to be a specific option to "migrate" from a simulator project to a target project. Instead, you've got a few ways to go about this:

1. Create a new project for the right target and "import" the gui from your simulator project. This won't copy all your custom code, though.
  2. Create a new project for the right target and copy the target specific folders to your simulator project - A simulator project is actually just a folder without all the bells and whistles / Compilers for your specific target. You could then adapt your .touchgfx project file to have the right post-generate command (from the target specific project) which will update your projects when new files are generated by the designer.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

/Martin

TMitc
Associate II

Yes! I only had to move the Target & Platform folders into the existing project, fix a few small bugs, and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the help

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

No problem! Glad to be of help.

/Martin