cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer crash

brianshankland9
Associate II

While trying to diagnose designer code generation errors I found that if I deleted by custom container it causes the designer to crash even though it is not used on any screen.

have repeated three times if you want me to zip up the project and detail the mouse clicks needed to replicate.

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @brianshankland9​,

Please share the project with me. How do you want to do it?

I'm not 100% sure about what you mean - You're deleting custom containers from within the designer (that aren't being used by any screen) and the designer is simply just crashing? Let me know!

Best regards,

Martin

Hello Martin, I can send you a Dropbox link of the zipped project folder (75 mb) It’s the same project for the three problems I’ve reported: Crash on deleting container Extra wildcard buffers in container Missing #include for button interaction I took a copy of it when I noticed them so will just go through the clicks needed for each to make sure I can get you to replicate exactly what I’ve done here. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
Hello again Martin This is the Dropbox of the zipped project https://www.dropbox.com/s/jauef3zoito4fco/ITA120%20-%20ErrorReporter.zip?dl=0 The project has the two compilation errors in it as it stands, easier to show how to remove them than how to initially create the controls. So s it stands if you click Run Simulator the compilation fails and reports that it cannot find a definition for AbstractButton which appeared when I added interactions on the two buttons of the IconDigitSpinner custom container. If you then delete the two interactions called upButton_OnClick and downButton_OnClick of the IconDigitSpinner custom container this error is removed. You will now get the second error of multiple definitions for textBufferwhich appeared when I selected to use wildcard buffers for the text fields for the selected, and unselected widgets of the IconDigitSpinner custom container. If you change the Wildcard1 entry for both the IPDigit and IPSelectedDigit custom containers to not use a wildcardbuffer then this error is also removed. Now for the crash. At present the IconDigitSpinner is not in use on either of the displays. If yoyu delete if from the custom containers the designer crashes. Now while it is not currently on any of the screens, it may have been in the past so there may be unused references to it but I cant see any from the user side. If I can be any further help please let me know, ie if you cant see the issues it may need you to connect to my computer here to see what is happening. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>

Hmm, that dropbox link isn't working for me. Could you try renaming it to not have spaces in the filename?

Thanks!

I’ve also uploaded the RTX project so the share is now for a folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xa0vagy4t85abw8/AACFTMeGD6m2d_X1PaC4CreEa?dl=0 ITA120_ErrorReporter.zip is the project that has the designer compiler errors which you have said are known and repaired / under repair ITA120_CMSIS_RTX.zip is the CMSIS-RTX5 project that displays the screen strangely. The folder layout is as initially created by your designer, but after RTX5 was added using Keils uVision project manager. So in touchgfx/os there are now four oswrapper files: OSWrappers Your FreeRTOS implementation that works straight out of the designer OSWrappers_NoRTOS An implementation for No RTOS as per your documentation that works with CMSIS-RTOS RTX5 with 2 threads for Main and GUI OSWrappers_cmis Your cmis implementation that has the strange screen effects OSWrappers_cmis2 My conversion of OSWrappers_cmis to V2 of cmis. I’m getting the photo sent over shortly. The image shows the screen image repeated 4 times horizontally, the blue button is meant to be in the top right corner (as you can see in the designer) I can see the leds flashing thus showing that the framebuffer and vsync semaphore/queues are working and that refreshes are occurring. If I press the top right position of the LCD where the button is meant to be, it is changed as expected showing that the touch screen events are also running. I can also see by means of breakpoints that the main thread is running with its counter incrementing. The two threads use static memory allocation, but even so I added large memory buffers in RTX_Config.h just in case, eventually the semaphore and queue will also be statically allocated. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
This is the photo of the display. Note to run from designer I had to manually add the missing include file for the AbstractButton issue you have already resolved. And the LEDS are flickering and not solid as the picture may suggest. Thanks for looking into this, any assistance or tests you need me to do please feel free to ask or call. [cid:83a7b0fd-31d4-4134-9ad1-ceca4463e1ee@eurprd03.prod.outlook.com] regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>