cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32072B-EVAL : where is the (working) software and updates?

MarcoM
Associate II

I am using a STM32072B-EVAL board because I need a working demo about HDMI-CEC.

It is clear that there are problems: the original firmware already on the board has errors about icons (some graphics is broken), about images (it hangs if try to show an image) and also with audio.

Anyway, ignoring this, because I must do some investigations with CEC I wanted to modify the software. After some trouble for setting up TrueStudio (the original firmware is dated 2014 and TrueStudio evolved in the meantime), after loading the ORIGINAL software compiled from the ORIGINAL firmware source package the display is now all white and the board is totally unusable.

So I loaded the ORIGINAL binary from the same package anche the result is the same.

I suppose at minimum they have changed something about the LCD or maybe more.

The only firmware package on the ST site seems to be STM32072B-EVAL_FW_V1.0.0 that is the very first version, as I see from the number. But this version is not working on the board.

Please let me know where are the updated firmware versions (more recent than 1.0.0), otherwise I can't go on in my project and the board is totally lost. A minimum ST support for this very complete eval board will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Download and unpack the CubeF0 software trees, there are examples and applications for the board in there.

STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32072B_EVAL\Examples\CEC\CEC_MultiAddress

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Download and unpack the CubeF0 software trees, there are examples and applications for the board in there.

STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32072B_EVAL\Examples\CEC\CEC_MultiAddress

MarcoM
Associate II

Thank you Clive, but the question was about the software that is programmed in the board when ST sell it. This software manages all the many functions the board provide (LCD, USB, SDcard, graphics, audio, CEC, ecc...).

Such a software is available on the site in the section about the STM32072B-EVAL board, but it is the relase 1.0.0 (dated 2014). This software doesn't run on the board, either if I compile the source or I program just the executable binary file. The result is the same: the LCD is white and stop.

Somewhere there is a software package more updated than 1.0.0 version. I am sure about this because before reprogramming the board I noticed that the software inside it had a version other than 1.0.0.

I was not able to save the memory content before reprogramming the board, because for some unknown reason the ST-Link utility reported that the memory was not accessible.

So I don't have a copy of the binary that was inside the board, the binary in the board's documentation is not working and the source of that packages makes a binary that again doesn't run.

In short terms, for now the board is lost.

The question is: where is the software (sources and binary) supplied together with the board?

Thank you.

The only thing I see is the original firmware package

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-library-expansion/stsw-stm32137.html

You would need to check with your ST FAE to see if there is anything newer or different, or if you would need to use contemporaneous tools to rebuild it.

MarcoM
Associate II

It is the same package I also see.

I am sure that there is a new software, both because the version originally in the board was more than 1.0.0 and because the software in the package is not working on this board.

The tool I used is contemporaneous (TrueStudio 9). It is not a matter of tools: also the pure binary included in the package "STM32072B-EVAL demonstration firmware" is not working.

I will check with the FAE or by some people I know fom ST. Hoping someone knows about this board...

Thank you.