cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C on stm32f301

artgodwin
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 11:50

I've started development of an application on an STM32F3 discovery baord, and am moving onto the target board, which uses an STM32F301.

I can't get the I2C peripherals to run. If can bit-bash I2C on the GPIO, but not use the integrated parts. These (at least, some of them) were OK on the 303 on the discovery board.

I've gone through the configuration registers and changed everything as far as I can see them but I'm apparently missing something. The pins don't clock, and the transfers time out.

Any idea what I should look at ? Is there some critical difference between 301 and 303 that I'm missing ?

It's very difficult to find online information about the 301 and some of the example code doesn't support it. Is it a dead end ?

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on October 08, 2015 at 16:43

Hi artag,

You have to refer to STM32F301

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00093332.pdf

in order to know exact pins to be used for your I2C.

F3 Discovery boards embed an LQFP100 package, while we have LQFP64 packages for STM32F301. For sure some pins are no more available.

Which package and which I2C instance are you using exactly?

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

artgodwin
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2015 at 16:17

I am using STM32F301r6t6 (64 pin package). I have compared the GPIO pinout tables for this device with the f3discovery board and made changes that I think will cover the differences.