cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a project with a custom header file to have its SFRs show up in the debugger

DiBosco
Senior

Folks,

I'm working somewhere the lead engineer doesn't like using debuggers, he uses emacs with gcc and just loads the hex file via a JTAG interface, using an intrusive serial interface for debugging (sic). I've persuaded him to let me use Cube rather than shooting in the dark and he's set me up with his funky set up of non-standard headers and libraries and made a project that will run  in Cube. So I can at least set a break point and step through when I need to.

One issue though is that none of the SFRs are showing up in the debuuger window. I'm assuming this is because he, for some reason,  doesn't use normal header files like everyone else. Although I really have no idea how the debugger picks up these SFRs and manages to display them.

Is anyone able to advise how I might be able to get Cube IDE to show the values in all of the peripherals' register please?

FWIW this:

platform:/plugin/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.productdb.debug/resources/cmsis/STMicroelectronics_CMSIS_SVD/STM32F301.svd

Is in CMSIS-SVD Settings

And I selected STM32F301C8Tx in C/C++ Build | Settings | Tool Settings | MCU Settings

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DiBosco
Senior

Sussed it.

If change this:

platform:/plugin/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.productdb.debug/resources/cmsis/STMicroelectronics_CMSIS_SVD/STM32F301.svd

To directly point at the absolute address of where the file lives it works. I guess this "platform" variable isn't set properly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DiBosco
Senior

Sussed it.

If change this:

To directly point at the absolute address of where the file lives it works. I guess this "platform" variable isn't set properly.