ross2
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2004 at 16:32

Flash update

5 REPLIES 5
ross2
Associate II
Posted on October 12, 2004 at 07:38

When the application to update the on chip flash memory via the serial port is released will it be based on having a main 16MHz clock, as per the eval board ?

subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on October 13, 2004 at 23:40

Ah, an optimist.

The most recent indications (dropping even the minimal description of the process that was in the user manual, silence in response to any queries about it) would make it appear that it has been either abandoned or that they plan on keeping it private.

I hope I'm being pessimistic but....
marcus23
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2004 at 14:09

Someone from ST told me, that they are working on the UART-loader. They don´t got it stable yet, but I have still hope...

subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2004 at 01:08

Quote:

On 2004-10-14 17:39, mweigelt wrote:

Someone from ST told me, that they are working on the UART-loader. They don´t got it stable yet, but I have still hope...

Well, they've released another user manual and serial boot download is still marked as reserved, Pessimism reigns.
subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2004 at 16:32

Quote:

On 2004-10-14 17:39, mweigelt wrote:

Well, see the thread ' Need this document 'STR71x Flash Programmer'', that appears to confirm it will not be made available.