cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System reset with boot from bank1 trouble...

jkl2
Associate
Posted on May 30, 2011 at 07:57

Hi,

I'm having problems resetting the system on a STR912FAW44. The system boots fine from bank1 (bootloader) when power is recycled, but when I do a system reset (remap FMI addresses and jump to bootloader at address 0x00) the system locks up.

I have been running the same system on a STR912FW44 (which should be 100% compatible with the FAW44 chip) and on this chip revision the system reset works fine...

Any ideas of what to do to get this system reset working on the FAW44?

3 REPLIES 3
Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II
Posted on May 31, 2011 at 07:29

Have you checked the errata 12944?

jkl2
Associate
Posted on May 31, 2011 at 07:57

Yes, I have checked the errata and implemented some workarounds, but does not help with this problem.

Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2011 at 07:50

i was not involved in this part of the code, but i remember we had a similar issue about booting from bank1.  i do not remember anymore the nature of the issue.  but i think the implementation that worked for us was to boot from bank0.  and only jump to the bank1 code when the bank0 application needed to be updated (using a dipswitch).

initially it had been that if the dipswitch was set, it booted from bank1, to be able to update the bank0 application.  somehow, those working on this code could not make it work as intended.