Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter DFU mode using Dfuse Tool

Lakshmi Lavanya
Associate II
Posted on December 19, 2016 at 13:35

Hi all,

I am able to jump from my application to DFU Bootloader code and able to update my new firmware image with gpio interrupt, here i need one external interrupt to enter in to DFU for that i am thinking to use the Enter DFU mode button in the Dfuse tool.

So, I enabled the HID class and changed the Product id to DFU id (dfu11), with that i am able to see my Device as a DFU device. Here i want to get the Enter DFU mode/ HID detach command but it is disabled(i.e Greyed out) in the Dfuse tool.

I tried by sending the Report descriptor whatever provided in the document, but no luck.

I am using Stm32l476Z eval board and Dfuse v3.0.5.

Can anybody explain me how to get the Enter DFU mode/ HID Detach command from the Dfuse tool.

#hid_detach #dfu #enter-dfu #hid_dfu
7 REPLIES 7
Oliver Beirne
Senior
Posted on December 19, 2016 at 18:22

Hi

Gamini.Lakshmi_Lavan

I have moved this thread to the

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/stm32-forum?sr=search&ampsearchId=7ff52371-9e2d-4c77-acb3-8f3d271156e1&ampsearchIndex=0

where someone will be able to help you. If you have any product-related questions please post them here going forward.

Thanks

Oli

Lakshmi Lavanya
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2016 at 06:04

Any suggestions?

Lakshmi Lavanya
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2016 at 08:14

Hi STOne-32,

Can you please look into this.

SeaFood
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2016 at 12:07

If I remember well the DFU spec, a device in run mode shall expose a DFU interface.

This means that your device should be a composite ie HID + DFU. Then it will be detected by the DfuSe application and you'll be able to issue a Detach command on the DFU interface

That's the theory 🙂

Posted on December 20, 2016 at 12:57

I saw in some other posts that we can give product id of the DFU to HID class and we can get the Enter DFU button by passing some report descriptors, is it true?

With out DFU class is it possible to get the Enter DFU/HID detach command from the Dfuse tool?

Posted on December 20, 2016 at 13:55

My understanding of this is limited, but I seem to recall the VID/PID of a device could be registered with ST, and supported by their tools. I don't recall this being a free service.

I think this is different from the offer to provide a free VID/PID to ST's commercial customers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 13, 2017 at 18:25

Hello

Gamini.Lakshmi_Lavan

‌,

You should remove the comment code in Line 347-368, File : DfuSeDemoDlg.cpp, this will active your HID detach.

Please try this update, then re-compile and let me know if the problem still there..

// Begin with HID devices // Commented in Version V3.0.3 and Keep it for customer usage if wanted.

/*

ReleaseHIDMemory();

m_Enum.FindHidDevice(&m_HidDevices,&m_HidDevice_Counter);

FindMyHIDDevice();

for(i=0;i<int(m_HidDevice_Counter);i++)

{

PHID_DEVICE pWalk;

pWalk = m_HidDevices + m_Tab_Index[i];

if(HidD_GetProductString(pWalk->HidDevice, Product, sizeof(Product)))

{

for(j=0;j<160;j+=2)

Prod += Product[j];

}

else

Prod='(Unknown HID Device)';

String.Format('%s',Prod);

m_CtrlDFUDevices.AddString(String);

m_CtrlDevices.AddString(String);

Prod = '';

}

*/

// Commented in Version V3.0.3 and Keep it for customer usage if wanted.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen