cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We use dual boot on a stm32F7 MCU and set the nDBOOT option via STM32CubeProgrammer. Now I downloaded the latest version of the tool, but the nDBOOT option does not show anymore, thus I cannot enable dual boot.

ASiem.3
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ASiem.3
Associate II

Your screenshot does not show nDBOOT either.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ASiem.3​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Make sure that you have the same condition as in AN2606 "Table 88. STM32F76xxx/77xxx bootloader V9.x versions" , which lists the Known limitations: 

For STM32F7 Series having the Dual Bank Boot feature, you have to disable nDBOOT and/or nDBANK features (in option bytes), then jump to bootloader.

So, when the Flash memory is configured to the dual bank boot mode (nDBANK=nDBOOT=0), whatever the BOOT0 Pin state only BOOT_ADD0 value is considered (when BOOT0 Pin=1, BOOT_ADD0 value is considered not the BOOT_ADD1).

Workaround: in order to manage dual bank boot with BOOT_ADD0 only, please refer to the

AN4826: "STM32F7 Series Flash memory dual bank mode�?.

Please, keep us informed about your update.

If your question is answered, please close this post by clicking the Select as Best button.

This will help other members of the community find this response faster. 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ASiem.3
Associate II

Yes, dual boot works just fine.

The problem is that I cannot disable nDBOOT with the latest Stm32CubeProgrammer because the option does not show up under option bytes. It works just fine with the old version of STM32CubeProgrammer that I used before.

Can you please share your screenshot to compare with mine ?

0693W00000Lyl9JQAR.png

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

The nDBANK and nDBOOT are two separate flags and your image is missing the nDBOOT.

ASiem.3
Associate II

Your screenshot does not show nDBOOT either.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @ASiem.3​ ,

You are right ! ndBoot OB is missing in user configuration TAB,

I raise this issue internally to be fixed in CubeProgrammer future release.

Internal ticket number: 126991(PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers). 

Thanks to highlight this issue.

Houda

marcde
Associate

Hello ,

I'm using STM32_Programmer_CLI to program the STM32F76x and have issue to program the nDBoot option byte.

It shows up in STM32CubeProgrammer , but STM32_Programmer_CLI does not .

I think it is probably related to this  problem . Do you know solution for this ?

I'm using STMCubeProgrammer v2.14.0

Hello @marcde,

Welcome to ST Community !

Correction hasn't been done yet for 1 MB flash size targets, the issue will be fixed in the next release of STM32CubeProgrammer.

Internal ticket number: 158507 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.