cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 Core M4 boot0 address update in option byte issue.

VTaya.1
Associate III

I have tested changing boot0 addresses for both the cores (M7 & M4) by STM32CubeProgrammer in ST-LINK mode. It is working properly.

When I tried to implement same logic in SPI boot mode, M4_boot0 address is not updating. Where as M7_boot0 address is able to update.

I tried connecting STM controller in UART mode with STM32CubeProgrammer, there also M7_boot0 address is able to update but while updating M4_boot0 address STM32CubeProgremmer gives error in updating M4_boot0 address.

Please refer attachment for STM32CubeProgrammer logs in UART mode.

Why option bytes are updating only in ST-LINK mode, what is wrong in SPI and UART mode ?

Please suggest the changes if needed.

Thank you.

Vaibhav.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VTaya.1
Associate III

@Community member​ 

Yes , I have also tested it with USB protocol. It's not working.

I think issue is not with STM32CubeProgrammer, its with controller.

I am looking for solutions for the stated issue not more possibilities with same issue occurring.

Please provide solution to change option byte in boot mode with SPI protocol.

Such mistake in high performance controller H7 series is not expected from ST.

Looking forward to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Regards.

Vaibhav.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear @Community member​ ,

It seems to be an issue in the cubeProgrammer (I think it's a regression). Normally you can modify CM4 boot address in bootloader mode without any issue ..

I will escalate the issue to be fixed.

If you find an answer to this comment please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best.

Thank you.

STM32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VTaya.1
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ .

I have tried updating option byte by host controller in SPI Boot mode. I am facing same issue.

I think I am missing out something which need to take under consideration before changing option byte for core M4.

Please forward this case to your team and revert with solution.

Thank you.

Vaibhav.​

Dear @Community member​ 

Even with USB boot mode you will get the same issue. So no matter the protocol you are using you will face the same issue. This is reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 110775 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

Thank you to mark my previous answer as best.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VTaya.1
Associate III

@Community member​ 

Yes , I have also tested it with USB protocol. It's not working.

I think issue is not with STM32CubeProgrammer, its with controller.

I am looking for solutions for the stated issue not more possibilities with same issue occurring.

Please provide solution to change option byte in boot mode with SPI protocol.

Such mistake in high performance controller H7 series is not expected from ST.

Looking forward to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Regards.

Vaibhav.