cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube Programmer installation error

Soner23
Associate II

Hello,

Stm32cubeprogrammer installation does not proceed to the final stage, it remains at step 8 and is not completed. I tried the program on three different PCs with administrator rights, the result is the same, the installation does not complete.

st32prog hata.png

21 REPLIES 21
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Soner23

Do you have feedback after suggestions from @Tesla DeLorean and @Pavel A. ? Do you have any specific details to share regarding the failing case (are you using a proxy for example) ? And lastly, are you seeing the same behavior offline (Without being connected to a network) ?

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @gvelf

Support for Windows 7 is officially dropped since v2.16, please refer to the "Host PC system requirements" section in the release notes.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Soner23
Associate II

Hello @Aziz BRIGUI 

I experienced this problem on the PC where I first installed the program. I was aware that the program was running from the directory where it was installed, so I didn't worry about it.

I installed the program on two different PCs for my work. Likewise, the installation was not completed on these PCs, but the program was running from the directory.

After doing a little research, I saw that other users were also experiencing this problem. I turned off the administrator rights and the anti-virus program and installed it again using the recommended methods, but the result did not change.

I tried again with a new Windows 11 installation and administrator rights without installing antivirus, but the same installation was not completed.

As a result, the program works from the directory, but I wondered why the installation could not be completed on three different PCs and I brought it to the forum.

Regarding your questions, it does not use a proxy, yes, I installed it online, connected to a network.

I will try the installation offline without a network connection and report back to you.

Soner23
Associate II

Hello @Aziz BRIGUI 

I tried to install it offline without being connected to a network, the installation cannot be completed.

Hello @Soner23,

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will try to reproduce on my side and update you if anything pops-up.

Aziz

Hello @Soner23,

Just wanted to follow up,

For now I am not able to reproduce on my side, below you'll find some relevant screenshots: 

AzizBRIGUI_0-1716201685442.pngAzizBRIGUI_1-1716201706453.png

If you have any other detail on your setup, do not hesitate to share.

Aziz

Hello,

In your first image, I don't see the screen. In step 8, the screen appears blank.

st32prog hata.png

Hello,

I am at a loss here since I am still unable to reproduce. Maybe try removing any reference to Java in the environment variables ?

Aziz 

Sorry, I don't understand what you want.
Is it possible to give an example?

Go to "Edit the system environment variables" and check if you have a JAVA_HOME entry, remove it. Also check in the Path environment variable for any references to java (For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath") and remove them.

Please make sure to back track those changes in order to reinitialize your system if this solution doesn't work.

Aziz