cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 cube bug working with STM32F767ZG first reported in 2021 how to get progress?

arro239
Associate III

stm32cube software is unable to program over 512Kb of binary into STM32F767ZG which is a 1MB part due to wrong identification as 2MB part

We first reported this back in 2021 as https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube_MCU_Overall_Offer/issues/11 and https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001EEBXXSA5/stm32cubeprogrammer-incorrectly-erases-on-dual-bank-1mb-stm32f7

best we got so far is "i have also transmitted your issue to our development team with the internal reference 120183"

looking for ideas on how to make progress with this issue? we really like cube and our firmware is above 512Kb now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @arro239​ ,

Sorry for this inconvenience. 

I created a new ticket to push them to solve the issue.

I will get back to you when the issue is solved.

Internal ticket number: 144023 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Javier1
Principal

>>looking for ideas on how to make progress with this issue?

Have you tried other size Optimiced compiler options?

does this happen to you when flashing directly from cubeIDE?

Have you tried openocd?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @arro239​ ,

Sorry for this inconvenience. 

I created a new ticket to push them to solve the issue.

I will get back to you when the issue is solved.

Internal ticket number: 144023 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, same issue directly via cubeIDE.

We use DFU for device update in the field and openocd does not support DFU to the best of my knowledge. Do you know any alternative command like DFU windows implementations?

youre right, i forgot about the DFU part

If you are sure the problem is in the stm32 part let it be, but otherwise you could try your own implementation of DFU host https://github.com/kiibohd/dfu-util

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

I see 2.13 without it :(

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @arro239​;

I confirm that, the issue is not fixed in STM32CubeProgrammer 2.13.0.

I let our STM32CubeProgrammer expert @Houda GHABRI​ and @Aziz BRIGUI​ to provide more details.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @arro239 ,

The DFU programming issue on STM32F767xx MCUs is fixed in STM32CubeProgramer V2.16.0.

Could you please try with this version and let me know if the issue is solved or not?

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar