cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STlink V3 not working with MacBook M2

Rob Ashworth
Senior

I have just purchased a STM32H573I-DK Discovery board, only to find it doesn't appear to recognise the ST-link V3.  Is this a true problem, or just me, and is there a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello,

Internal tracking number for this issue is 175551

Aziz 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Try another host machine known to Just Work (a.k.a. Windows). Will it detect the ST-LINK? If not, check the jumpers, USB cable, power supply etc.

I tried it on a Windows machine and it works fine - looks like it is an issue for MAC users.  It is recognised by the "system" so look like it has got the driver, but CubePeogrammer doesn't recognise it.

Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @Rob Ashworth,

Sorry for the late reply,  did you try using a hub ?

Maryem.

The hub solution seems to work ok - thank you.  Do you know when ST will provide Apple silicon support, so this workaround is not needed?

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello,

Internal tracking number for this issue is 175551

Aziz 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
akshatb
Associate

Hi @Aziz BRIGUI @Maryem any new developments on this or is using the hub in the middle the only solution for now?

We are building a new platform for a University course and would like to avoid having to give out hubs to students. 

Thanks

Hi Aziz, are there any updates on this issue for ST-link V3 on apple silicon?

Maryem
ST Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are no updates on this issue at the moment. We will keep you informed as soon as there is any progress. Thank you for your understanding.

Maryem.