cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Problem running STM32CubeProgrammer

jean-philippe Rey
Associate II

When running the program STM32CubeProgrammer, an error message appears, saying:

"CubeProgrammer_API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling the program of check your java architecture". However I have the lastest JAVA SE Run Time installed.

Any idea?

Windows 10 64-bit

Java:

java version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)

STM32CubeProgrammer version:

[EDITED]1.2.0

21 REPLIES 21

i'm still not able to make this work. It fails with a message box that says "...API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling your program or check your Java architecture." The message box tool tray icon is from Java, not ST. i have several versions of the JDK installed and the Jave VM. i don't know what else to check.

if anybody from ST is monitoring this, i find this type of software error extremely frustrating.

HMcKi
Associate III

Have you seen https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Bh90XXSQY/-solved-problem-with-stmcube-programmer-after-win-10-update?t=1576626967326 ? The install manual says you need Java 8 (64 bit if you have a 64 bit computer) but won't work if you have java 9. +1 on the frustrating part.

Hello, do you mind explaining in a bit more detail how you fixed this issue? I am unable to fix this at my end and would appreciate your help.

RTN.1
Associate II

Problem running STM32CubeProgrammer Version 2.4.0 on Mac OS Version 10.10.5.

Keeps throwing error "CubeProgrammer_API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling the program or check your java architecture"

java -version returns

java version "1.8.0_251"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

RTN.1
Associate II

Problem running STM32CubeProgrammer Version 2.4.0 on Mac OS Version 10.10.5.

Keeps throwing error "CubeProgrammer_API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling the program or check your java architecture"

java -version returns

java version "1.8.0_251"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

This helped a lot!!!!!

The only recommendation that made my installation working.

Very frustrating that ST can't provide normal working installation instructions!!!

Many many thanks to you, MAzha.1.

Bravo!!!!

I wonder how did you come to the solution...:-)

As of Apr 18 2022, Version 2.10.0 does not work with Windows 10 (latest) and Java (latest version) Please help

Please open a NEW thread, this one's 4 years old, and unlikely relevant to current issues.

Is it saying it has missing dependencies, or something entirely different?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Please post to a salient thread

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001Pp56zSAB/stm32cubeprogrammer-2100-released

@Imen DAHMEN​ please close this old thread, thanks

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

It specifically says Java Runtime is either missing or corrupt. I reinstalled the latest version of Java Runtime with no difference to the ST Cube programmer installer.