cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reburning hex file which I reading problem

Elia
Associate II

Hi every one,

I read bin/hex file from stm32f103c8 MCU and saving it, then I erase the MCU and burning the same bin file which I read in the previous stage, the MCU does not work as before.

can you help me please

4 REPLIES 4

>>can you help me please

Are you the owner of this code, or simply trying to copy it?

How have you confirmed the content is complete and the same? Can you debug or disassemble the code to understand WHY it doesn't work or WHAT dependencies it has? Writing back to same MCU, or different one? Data held in BKP/RTC memory, or Option Bytes?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for your reply,

Yes this code is for me but unfortunately the source of it was lost and it is so important for me.

previously I read a lot of times and every thing was good, today I just read the firmware using ST-Link utility , save it and rewrite it to the same MCU but it does not work correctly.

I do not understand the last question "Data held in BKP/RTC memory, or Option Bytes?"

please help me this will offer dozens of hours of work.

I'm not familiar with your implementation, was trying to establish if the design had dependencies on memory outside the scope of regular FLASH, like data held in NVRAM or configuration options.

Unfortunately "Not Working" is a awfully broad description. What DOES the code do? Does it execute at all? You can debug MCU's without source, will make it more difficult, admittedly, but it's how you do it when all you have is machine code in ROM.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Nothing was change; the code must give me readings of sensor, just before I erase the MCU it worked very good.

where is the problem? I read it and rewrite it to the same MCU.