cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please improve STMProg

NCD
Associate II

Please Never use a popup any where in the app its extremely annoying, use a window I propse you call it "Console" or "LOG " .. oh what do you know you already have one!!!.. so please stop with the popups... also remove the Refresh button Let Connect do both and again upon success or failure please write it to the Console/Log Window 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
AScha.3
Chief II

sorry - what you talking about ?

stmProg ....error - or what ?

which cpu ? show screenshot, whats wrong .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

NCD_0-1689696348454.pngNCD_1-1689696378865.png

Those pop ups belong in here as log entrys which should be colour coded to red for errors and green for success

NCD_2-1689696469880.png

and the device refresh is a unecessary step

NCD_3-1689696690436.png

many pics - but still i not know, what you want to do.

is it so difficult to describe ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

just 4 pics, very clear and explicit topic/tag forum positioning + description of what i am asking for .. not sure what more you could require

>Please Never use a popup

this is your problem ?

or "connection...lost " ? this is a PROBLEM . most times hardware related...

so show your hardware (picture!) not talking about.

ok you misundestand through the use of the RESET switch and the programming it self these popups arrise, so that is what i am asking for either to stop using them and write those errors to the existing log that the app already has, or provide a litte tick box or something to disable them, then consider doing something similar with the refresh so you dont have to keep clicking refresh each time the board disconnects

ok, now i understand -- a little bit.

i never see your popups...so we talking in different worlds . 🙂

you have a connection problem - eh ? -> so show your hardware (picture!) not talking about.

i my world :  connect - program - verify -- ok -- disconnect .  

Multiple individual pop-up message boxes for Program / Verify phases seems annoying and unnecessary.

Refresh I can see a case for, the OS doesn't always inform and constantly rescanning could potentially delay/stall the application. Occasionally run in to device level lockup with ST-LINK/V3 vs SiLabs/FTDI type serial dongles, and a couple of apps that probe COM ports, and related registry entries.

Device disconnected, got to be a better approach to this.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..