cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-LINK detected

Warhawkquad
Associate

No ST-LINK detected in STM32CubeProgrammer or the IDE. My ST-LINK/V2 ISOL shows up in Windows 11 Device Manger with driver 2.2.0.0 dated 2021-04-01. I thought the version on the ST website was 2.02? I was able to update it's firmware this morning. I downloaded STM32CubeProgrammer 2.17.0 this morning as well. Not sure what to try next to get this working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What about the other things - different USB ports (especially if both 2 & 3 available); with/without hub; all other devices disconnected; etc ...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Does it work on a Win7 or Win10 box?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Works on Windows 10 just fine. Unfortunately I need it to work on Windows 11.

Warhawkquad
Associate

It works on windows 10 with the same cable.

I only see STM32 STLink under USB devices. No Ports.

@Warhawkquad wrote:

It works on windows 10 with the same cable.

Could still be worth trying other cables - could be that Win 11 and/or the PC it's on are just more "finicky"...

@Warhawkquad wrote:

I only see STM32 STLink under USB devices. No Ports.

That's as expected - the ST-LINK/V2 ISOL doesn't have any VCP.

Warhawkquad
Associate

I've tried cables with no luck. I'm wondering if windows 11 is overrideing the driver installation.

What about the other things - different USB ports (especially if both 2 & 3 available); with/without hub; all other devices disconnected; etc ...

Warhawkquad
Associate

As it turns out I didn't try all the ports initially. I only tried two. I had to move things to get it to work but trying more ports found one that worked. Thanks!

Glad that worked.

You'd have thought we'd be beyond that sort of thing by the 3rd decade of the 21st century, but here we are...

🙄