cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken server install / Debian 12.5 Bookworm

SElli.11
Associate III

Hi,

Recently, when I tried to install the Debian Linux version of STM32CubeF4 on my Debian Linux (v12.5) Bookworm system, I began by trying to install a package that included Server 2 in its name. The server install hung at 50% installed. Each time I subsequently opened/closed the Debian Discover file manager, a new instance of the server install was initiated culminating in 6(!) instances of the server install all hanging at 50% installed. Now, Discover is displaying the following message:

E: The package st-stlink-server needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.
E: Unable to apply corrections for half-installed packages

Also, while this situation persists, I am thereby blocked from installing other software on my system using the "sudo apt install package-name" or "sudo apt-get install package-name" processes.

Since switching off the system last night and rebooting the system this morning, this server zip package has disappeared from my Downloads folder. ???

What must I do in order to "free-up" the system so that I can once again install other packages ? Are there files in a particular folder that must be removed in order to "free-up" the package install process ?

Stuart

0 REPLIES 0