cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an open source USB DFU protocol programmer application

Robmar
Senior III

I'd like to be able to distribute secure code updates (encrypted) to clients along with an application that can program the STM32H743 over USB.

The STM32CubeProgrammer works well with our board, but does not provide any security as far as I know for the code files, .elf or others.

The idea is to have an application in which we can add code to decode our encrypted source and program the MCU over the USB link in boot mode.

I am sure this would be useful to other developers needing to securely distribute code updates to clients or remote machines.

12 REPLIES 12

You might find it useful to run your text through Google's translator, I find it really helps with other languages.

So thanks for telling me how to program it, but I'm looking for an already working Windows application, or the source code for Cub32Programmer to modify, as I said, I don't have much time to "re-invent the wheel".

Why'd you want to decrypt it on the host system? And then send over the wire in plain-text? Especially if you're bound to release/disclose the source.

End-to-End would work a lot better if you decrypt in the target itself. Encrypted at rest would also be good.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..