cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to load program with system bootloader over TCP/UDP

Ahmet Yasin CİVAN
Associate III

I ran system bootloader, I can perform the bootloader process using the STM32CubeProgrammer software via USART. But what I want is to run the bootloader software over TCP or UDP using the USART protocol. Because my UART2 line is connected to a TCP converter.

I wrote a piece of code using Python, but it's very slow and disconnects after a while. Is it possible to enable STM32CubeProgrammer to communicate with UART protocol over TCP?

Softwareally, I used TCP to Uart converters, but STM32CubeRogrammer is getting a time delay error.

My system is as follows;

0693W00000LvlO3QAJ.png0693W00000Lw535QAB.png

24 REPLIES 24
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Ahmet Yasin CİVAN​ ,

I don't think it can be considered a problem in CubeProgrammer side 😊 .The standard use case (where latency is "normal" ) is working fine.

However I will raise your request internally to enhance the tool to support such use case with high data transfer latency between host and device.

CubeProgrammer team will debug further and   see how they can address this modification.

I will keep you posted for any updates.

Houda

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ ​

Yes, you are right it works very well. It does all the work it's supposed to do. 😊

I knew you would help, I will wait to hear from you. Thank you so much.

@Ahmet Yasin CİVAN​ While you're waiting for ST response, can you post a picture of the connection between your eth to serial box and the board?

Have you tried to monitor the serial traffic at the board serial pins (TTL or after TTL to RS232 converter) with a scope or logic?

It's a long shot but looks like floating control pins (DTR,RTS...)

I didn't check with logic analyzer, because when I connect directly with UART, it works fine. I am running it on PC for TCP to serial acquisition test for to minimize delays

Hello,

We are 2 years after this dicussion but it's still the same thing. STM32CubeProgrammer cannot be connected with a virtual com to Tcp server. Like the author of this discussion, I can flash my stm32 with the bootloader (uart connected directly with my pc), but I can't do the same thing with a wifi module (uart -> wifi module -> my computer).

Thank you for your understanding.