cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to load program with system bootloader over TCP/UDP

Ahmet Yasin CİVAN
Associate III

I ran system bootloader, I can perform the bootloader process using the STM32CubeProgrammer software via USART. But what I want is to run the bootloader software over TCP or UDP using the USART protocol. Because my UART2 line is connected to a TCP converter.

I wrote a piece of code using Python, but it's very slow and disconnects after a while. Is it possible to enable STM32CubeProgrammer to communicate with UART protocol over TCP?

Softwareally, I used TCP to Uart converters, but STM32CubeRogrammer is getting a time delay error.

My system is as follows;

0693W00000LvlO3QAJ.png0693W00000Lw535QAB.png

24 REPLIES 24

I can't get any response, it doesn't give an error. I agree with you, I'm trying to understand why.

Thanks for advice,

I used https://www.serial-over-ethernet.com/ but it is very slow for STM32CubeProgrammer. I will research and write it here.

I was try NetBurner Virtual Comm Port Ver 2.4, however, this gave a time delay error (Timeout) like my python script.

I need more long time for waiting for acknowledgement.

How can I increase the acknowledgement wait time?

@Houda GHABRI​ @Imen DAHMEN​ 

0693W00000Lw4WVQAZ.png0693W00000Lw4XTQAZ.pngMy System

0693W00000Lw535QAB.png

I've been able to walk devices in via realterm​, so it should be pretty tolerant of some latency.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes, but STM32CubeProgrammer is not tolerant, how can I increase the tolerance?

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi Ahmet Yasin CİVAN,

I propose to test this, hope it resolves the issue :

• There is an option to increase the timeout using CLI :tm , we can set vlaue in ms .

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=COM36 -tm 100000

-------------------------------------------------------------------

STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.0-RC2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Timeout is forced to 100000 ms

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=COM36 -tm 100000

Serial Port COM36 is successfully opened.

• Did you already try to decrease the Bauderate value?

Can you please test it and tell me if it is OK ?

Houda

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ 

I'm sorry for the late reply,

Timeout error persistsi, this method is not ok

I'm working over TCP;

0693W00000LwHTQQA3.pngI do decrease the Bauderate value over, there is a timeout error (Over TCP)0693W00000LwHWxQAN.png 

İf direct connect to system bootloader (STM32H7 UART-2)0693W00000LwHX2QAN.png

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi Ahmet Yasin CİVAN,

STM32CubeProgrammer is designed to operate in an environment where the host and device are close and ideally directly connected. Clearly not expected to work with such latency.

So CubeProgrammer cannot help in this case, what I can suggest is to try to use STM32 Flash loader demonstrator tool available here ,may be it is more tolerant about latency.

Hope this can helps you,

Houda

Ahmet Yasin CİVAN
Associate III

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ ,

Can't you fix this problem by releasing an update for STM32CubeProgrammer? This is a very basic request.There may be many people in need and we are a loyal ST user. Please fix the problem with an update, I will be very grateful. ST is a very crowded and successful company.

STM32 Flash loader is not good for my request, I need STM32CubeProgrammer.