cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello there, After the application I developed with STM32G0B1VC exceeds 128KB, STM32CubeIde(v1.7.0) gives the following message.

zekeriya
Associate II

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:

Erasing internal memory sectors [0 64]

Download in Progress:

Error: failed to down

In this case, I am erasing with STM32CubeProgrammer(v2.8.0). When I run it again with STM32CubeIde I get the following message and it works without errors.

Download in Progress: File download complete

After the application exceeds 128Kb, STM32CubeIde cannot erase the chip. But the application can be written to a previously erased chip.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
zekeriya
Associate II

I reinstalled STMcubeIde v1.7.0, but when I try to install applications larger than 128kb, I still get the following errors.

Download in Progress:

Error: failed to download Segment[0]

Error: failed to download the File

Debugger connection lost.

Shutting down...

zekeriya
Associate II

I moved the following files from STMCubeprogrammer to STMCubeIde, but the problem persists.

from E:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\FlashLoader\0x467.stldr

to E:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\bin\FlashLoader

from E:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\Data_Base\STM32_Prog_DB_0x467.xml

to E:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\Data_Base

zekeriya
Associate II

STM32CubeIde cannot load applications larger than 128Kb on STM32G0B1VC mcu. I need help with solving this problem.

I think, this problem because FlashLoader for 0x467 processor is bad. It can't erase sector 64 and above, because STM32G0B has another page number, Page 64 is 256 for 256k processor (RM0444 page 71).

You can erase all chip STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -e all

and debug in CubeIDE

Thank you for the answer. For full erase operation, "monitor flash mass_erase" for STLink V2 in CubeIDE debug Configuration - Startup - Initialization Commands I added the command. In this way, I can get a full erase before debugging. Similar to STlink-V2, I couldn't find how to do full erase before debug for Segger J-link.

In my case, i can't erase all chip. For this, i edit STM32_Prog_DB_0x467.xml and add external tools in CubeIDE.

"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" -c port=swd -e [256 271]

And manual erase page, which i need, before start debug