cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUse does not detect my STM32 devices

SegmentFault
Associate II

Hello,

I want to flash micropython in one of my stm32 devices. In order to flash micropython I need to put the stm32 board in DFU mode connecting the VDD pin to BOOT0.

When I do this and I reboot the board, the behaviour of the board changes (the default demo application does not run). Therefore I suppose that it entered to DFU mode, the problem is DFUse program does not list my device in the "Available DFU Devices" section.

I have installed the drivers and in the device manager the device is detected as "ST-Link Debugger"

I have tried with different STM32 board such as STM32F412 Discovery Kit, STM32F767 Nucleo-144 and STM32F429 Discovery kit.

Whats wrong? How can I detect the STM dfu devices using DFUse?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
BBENA.1
Associate

Please follow the link till step 3

https://circuit4us.medium.com/setup-micropython-on-stm32f407-discovery-board-165e0f9d875e

If windows doesn't detect the drivers or still showing BOOTLOADER follow these steps.

Select the device and go to properties

Select Drivers tab

Disable device and then uninstall device.

Click on hardware changes-> select the device-> update driver.

Select the driver path

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.6\Bin\Driver and then install.

Now STM32F407 appears in DFU mode.

ELevy.1873
Associate II

Hi. For me, it worked wonderfully when I worked with win10, but now I have win11 and I can't get the "STM Device in DFU Mode" anymore. I downloaded again the driver, and it doesn't have an update.