cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeProgrammer FUS is not possible due to error: Rollback to older version of FW detected

YJ99
Associate II

Hi Community,

I wonder if there is a way to revise a board with new FW upgrade. 

I am using STM32WB5xx Nucleo board and I did several FW upgrade and I guess I did something wrong in one of the FW upgrade. I have an error saying "Rollback to older version of FW detected.."

YJ99_0-1715264324482.png

Is there a way to make my board completely erase and able to FUS?

thanks,

YJ

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @YJ99 

When Anti-rollback is activated, it locks the version of wireless stack that can be installed.
It is impossible to install any wireless stack with a version lower than the current one. For example, if wireless
stack V1.9.0 is installed, when Anti-rollback is activated, only wireless stacks with versions V1.9.0 or higher can
be installed (it is no longer possible to install, for example, V1.8.0).

So, in this case you can use only FW Stack from a version equal or newer than the last FW installed. I suggest you try the last Version (available on the STM32WB V1.19.0).

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

STTwo-32,

Unfortunately I did with v1.19 for this. If so, is there any other way to break this spell?

thanks,

YJ

You can use only the firmware on the V1.19.0. Can you share your Cube programmer screenshot (the stack update tab)

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32,

This is the screen shots.

1. showing the FUS info

YJ99_0-1715341082250.png

2. The FW i did select

YJ99_1-1715341109519.png

3. before the FW upgrade click

YJ99_4-1715341195927.png

4. After FW upgrade click

YJ99_3-1715341159778.png

I think you have activated the Anti-rollback without ensuring that a wireless stack is correctly installed. If so, the FUS registers 0xFFFFFFFF as the new version, and it is not possible to install a wireless stack.  So, no firmware update is allowed after that, and no recovery is possible at this point. For more details about Anti-rollback activation, I suggest you take a look at the part 2.4 of the AN5185.