cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to target if there is another ST-Link connected

egoltzman
Senior

I'm working in an environment with multiple targets and ST-Links.

In previous versions of CubeProgrammer I had no problem to connect to a target with serial number X while other targets that are connected with other ST-Link are connect to the debugger (CubeIDE)

After I start to work with 2.8 I get ST-LINK error (DEV_CONNECT_ERR) when I try to connect to target X while other targets are connected to the debugger.

Only if I stop the debugger on all others ST-Links the programmer connect successfully.

Any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @egoltzman,

Are you using CLI or GUI?

If CLI, can you please send me the command line used?

Did you list the connected targets "-l" option then connect with the serial number "-sn" ?

Houda

egoltzman
Senior

Hi Houda,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'm using the GUI version.

As I usually working with several ST-Links I always scan (with the blue spinner) for the current connected ones and I select the one that I need (I wrote on each one of the ST-Links I have its ID so it is easy for me to identify it)

I noticed that I get the error message only when I have another one in use with CubeIDE and after I disconnect all of them the one that I want to access is available through the programmer with no problems.

This is a new behavior, in the the past versions I did not have this problem.

Thanks,

Eyal

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @egoltzman​ ,

Sorry for the delay.

I'm able to reproduce this issue , I already bring it up to CubeProgrammer development team to debug further.

I will post you updated soon.

Houda

egoltzman
Senior

Thank you Houda for getting back to me and for handling this with the development team!

I'll wait for your update.

Eyal