cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Micron N25Q00AA parts? ie 1Gbit / 128MB

I'm looking to test an External Loader, so looking for guinea pigs.

Had unsuccessfully tried to buy a couple of samples but none of the listing had any stock, or they wanted to quadruple the asking price.

I'm interested in the extended parameters from READ-ID, trying to understand how it flags multi-die part, either as a die count, or die size. These have 4x the 256Mbit (32MB) die.

Another example might be the N25Q512A that had 2x die

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
4 REPLIES 4

I've got some of the newer MT25/MT35 1Gbit and 2Gbit parts using the 512Mbit (64MB) die, so got some perspective on those. The Winbond / Macronix parts are less quirky. For large devices you want to be using an ST-LINK/V3, it's faster.

https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr

Anyhow, if you have weird parts, or find stock of some odd-ball ones to fill a production order and need a loader (ST or KEIL), drop me a message.

Found some aggressively priced S25HL512T parts (Spansion, Infineon, Cypress), so will add those into the list of supported parts.

These also have internal CRC checking, only CRC-32 in this case, but CRC-64 in the Micron case. Good for BLANK CHECK, and cheap VERIFY

I've found newark.com to have the most accessible source for flash parts recently.

Also shopjimmy.com carries a lot of Flash parts they refer too as "EEPROM", buying in bulk and reselling more conveniently in 5 and 10 packs for makers and such.

I have some S25LF064P (64Mb / 8MB) working on the bench, and also some W25Q080D (8Mb / 1MB) which whilst smaller than I would care for, have come up in conversations around here.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/search.php?search_query=BLANK+EEPROM

Re-worked/Re-factored a lot of the H7 Keil FLM loaders last weekend to unify the code and improve support.

Primarily Winbond and Micron parts on the H7xx, H7Ax (QUAD and OCTO) boards.

Also testing the .FLM on the CMSIS-DAP as a practical alternative to ST-LINK's

0693W00000QN7lnQAD.png