cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is cubeIDE ever going to be fixed?

CRile.1
Associate II

I've tried multiple versions and searched the form. After generating a .IOC i cannot generate code because cubeIDE cannot handle downloading and installing new firmware on its own. Why has this issue been known about for over a year and from what i see on the forum nothing has been done to correct it. I had this working previously with version 1.8.0 for STM32F10X. Because of the new update to 1.8.3 i cannot do anything! this is beyond frustrating since i migrated to the STM32 platform specifically for the improved toolchain. I am seriously considering switching to ARM and being done with this.

I have manually tried to install the 1.8.0 and 1.8.3 packages, by downloading them from the web and point cubeIDE to the zip and that fails too.

I even uninstalled cubeIDE because i was at version 1.3.0 and reinstalled to 1.4 and still nothing.

really considering dropping STM32 from current and future developments.

11 REPLIES 11
AlTishchenko
Associate

@CRile.1​ Actually, if this is win10, this error you are seeing is quite possibly a glitch in win10's security permissions handling on different user directories. Just to make sure, try running CubeMX/CubeIDE as an administrator. Helps in my case for certain packages. If that works, check the permissions on STM32Cube\Repository\ in your home directory.

As for the brag. I've been running CubeMX for two years now, without any problems that I couldn't find solutions for. It is stable enough. CubeIDE is a bit young, but works ok for me too. We are in transition to it from Keil and there are no serious problems there. As for me, I won't base my choice of a processor on IDE, there are much more important things to consider than lack of an ability to knock up together a few cmd/bash scripts to run compile and build chains. Every IDE has its winning points and problems, be it MPLAB-X, Segger, Keil, IAR or CubeIDE - these are just the ones I used and keep using.

(CubeMX 6.0.1, CubeIDE 1.4.2, Windows 10)

Definitively automated way of working is:

1) Rely first on FW setup settings/ Windows > Preferences > STM32Cube > Firmware Updater

Rely on Check connection button to verify your settings are fine: green check is required.

Note here you have some hyperlink to proxies setup & FW packages install repository setup.

0693W000005CSw2QAG.jpg2) Once ok

0693W000005CSwCQAW.jpg0693W000005CSwSQAW.jpg 

Then if not working (???) handmade install can be done for sure. Rely on www.st.com (or github) to get archive of such FW packages.

Still Help > Manage Embedded Software packages is right place for.

Being safe I would proceed here following 4 steps:

a) Remove any existing local trace of your F1 FW pack (see prevoius preferences sanpshot considerign FW packages install repository)

b) I would retrieve 2 archives. F1 1.8.0 master one then pacth 1.8.3 one

c) I would install first 1.8.0

d) Finally I would install 1.8.3

You have to be aware 1.8.3 archive is not self contain. Here you're only getting a patch to be applied on top of 1.8.0. (I full automated install process is working such is taking care for you about such dependencies hopefully)

0693W000005CSy8QAG.jpg