cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use USB-OTG on NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q with CubeMX 6.7.0

TKuo.1
Associate III

I'm trying to use USB-OTG on NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q. I first created a new project within STM32CubeIDE and set all pins to their default setting. Then, I set USB-OTG to CDC and downloaded it to my board.

However, with CubeMX 6.7.0, I can not see the USB device showing up in my windows device manager. After I created another project using the same setting with CubeMX 6.6.1, the CDC device correctly showed up with the name "USB serial device (COM13)".

I also checked the USB interrupt triggered in the project created in CubeMX 6.7.0. OTG_FS_IRQHandler is triggered whenever I plug in the USB to my computer. Therefore, I would suspect it to be a problem in the firmware in version STM32Cude FW_H7 V1.11.0.

Below are my USB_OTG_FS and USB_DEVICE_M7 setting, and USB clock is set to RC48 in clock tree.

0693W00000Y8UjmQAF.png0693W00000Y8UjhQAF.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @TKuo.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting .

Could you please provide the *.ioc files both for CubeMx 6.6.1 and CubeMx 6.7.0 so I can investigate your case.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Thx

Ghofrane

gbm
Lead III

Deactivate VBUS sensing. Make sure that USB clock frequency (48 MHz) is correct - either PLL1Q from HSE or HSI48 with CRS turned on, synchronized to SOF.

Hi @Ghofrane GSOURI​, thank you for following up on my problem.

Below is my ioc for CubeMx 6.7.0

And below is my ioc for CubeMx 6.6.1

TKuo.1
Associate III

Thanks, It works after I disable VBUS sensing and use PLL1Q with frequency 48MHz. Seems like you need to pay more attention to clock tree in CubeMX 6.7.0. However, It still bothers me that the same setting (with VBUS sensing enable) could work in CubeMX 6.6.1 but not in CubeMX 6.7.0.