cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure RS-485 Hardware Flow Control (Driver Enable / DE) for USART4 on STM32G081RB in STM32Cube

MJ1
Associate

Datasheet indicates DE is supported on all 4 USART interfaces, but attempting to enable it for USART4 in STM32Cube results in an error:

Mode Conflict with
USART4 : Hardware Flow Control (RS485)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new project based on STM32G081RB
  2. Open the IOC file
  3. Navigate to Connectivity -> USART4
  4. Set Mode to Asynchronous
  5. Select Hardware Flow Control (RS485)

Software in use:

• STM32CubeIDE
  • Version: 1.8.0
  • Build: 11526_20211125_0815 (UTC)
3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Thanks @MJ​, for bringing this up.

I can confirm this erroneous warning, however it does not seem to have any effect on the generated code.

Regards

/Peter

@Imen DAHMEN​ Please forward this to the CubeMX/IDE team.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Peter BENSCH​ ,

Thank you for flagging this for me!

I added @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ ​ from CubeMX team for review and provide a status update about this issue.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @MJ​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

This issue does not effect the generated code but the warning message is not supposed to be shown, with this being said, a Ticket has been submitted internally to solve this issue.

I will keep you posted with the updates.

Thanks @Imen DAHMEN​ and @Peter BENSCH​  for pointing this issue to us,

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.