cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two IOC, One CubeIDE project

Avan .5
Associate

Hey guys, I've recently begun development using CubeIDE. I have two embedded system projects with a very similar code base and the same MCU, so I was hoping to be able to have one project and two different IOC files for the different IO configuration of each processor.

Ideally at worst I'd like to simply do something like manually change the project build configuration and then manually regenerate code from the respective IOC file. This way maintenance for the two projects will be much easier by keeping the upper code layers the same. I've found that the IOC file has to have the same name as the project for that to work though, but obviously you can't have two files with the same name.

I've noticed I can change the "ProjName" variable by changing build configuration but it doesn't change the actual project name and therefore allow me to open the correct IOC file without manually changing the actual project name through the IDE. I haven't tested if changing the project name in such a way breaks anything yet.

Is there a way to either change the actual project name by changing build configuration, change the conditions for which IOC file can be opened, or some other way to achieve what I want with minimal manual steps?

Otherwise, is there any plans to add some functionality like this (even one IOC file that has different configurations depending on build configuration) to CudeIDE in the future? So far liking the IOC files and CubeIDE otherwise =)

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

CubeMX assumes a static configuration for a single processor and isn't set up to handle other scenarios.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

CubeMX assumes a static configuration for a single processor and isn't set up to handle other scenarios.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Avan .5​ ,

I confirm @TDK​ 's answer. As you are suggesting new feature for STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE, why don't you submit them as new idea in the Idea Zone?

It can be voted by other Community members, if relevant for them as it is for you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

chillinwithscb
Associate

I want the same capability since the dev board has slightly different pin outs than the production board.

@chillinwithscb Can you use the standalone CubeMX instead of CubeIDE "configuration tool"? With CubeMX you can name your .ioc files as you like, keep several variants and open them independently from the eclipse project. IMHO this way is simple and reliable.