cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeMX - "Pin compatible feature" bug reporting.

CSern.1
Associate II

Hi everyone,

We have discovered a bug with the STMCubeMX'S Pinout compatible feature between STM32F030C8 and STM32F030CC.

• Based on the STMCubeMX both MCUs (STM32F030C8 and STM32F030CC) are Full Pinout Compatible.
  • Based on the STM32F030 datasheet, there are differences on pins #35 and #36 (LQFP48 package).

Attaching images for your reference.

Thank you,

PS. We have create some prototypes assuming both MCU are fully pinout compatible but, after HW troubleshooting, we had to use some jumpers/wires to solve this pinout incompatibility issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Carlos Andrés Serna Anduquia​ 

Could you please specify the datasheet version you are using.

I checked in the datasheet DS9773 Rev 4, Figure 5 shows LQFP64 64-pin package pinout (top view), for STM32F030RC devices not STM32F030CC. So, i think that the issue (solved) occurs at the datasheet not STM32CubeMX.

0693W000004KHt9QAG.pngBest regards,

Nesrine

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Carlos Andrés Serna Anduquia​ ,

If the answer of Nesrine answered your question, please mark it as "best answer".

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CSern.1
Associate II

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​,

We are using the same datasheet you have checked (DS9773 Rev 4).

As you can see, figures #6 and #7 show a pinout difference between STM32F030C8 and STM32F030CC.

The confusion/issue is on STMCubeMX, If you compare both MCUs (STM32F030C8 and STM32F030CC) using the STMCubeMX, both are classified as "full pinout compatible", as shown in the image right below:

Issue: There is an incongruence on STMCubeMX, these MCUs (STM32F030C8 and STM32F030CC) should not be classified as "full pinout compatible" based on datasheet (DS9773 Rev 4).

Q. Are we using the STMCubeMX wrong? or Is the issue located on the SMTCubeMX ?

@Imen DAHMEN​ , the question has not been answered yet 😅 .

CSern.1
Associate II

PS. The system did not allow me to add the images on my last comment, please find attached them in the following link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CFDDya5fw6J4G7yJ8

Hi @Carlos Andrés Serna Anduquia​ 

Thanks for your post. I have raised your feedback internally to be reviewed and treated accordingly to the priority. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your contribution

Best regards,

Nesrine

CSern.1
Associate II

Noted @Nesrine.JLASSI​ , Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.