cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0B1 and MCO pin

Pedro3
Senior

Hello!

I'm working with STM32G0B1 MCU and using CubeMX, I've enabled RCC_MCO for PA9 pin (HSI 16 source, 128 as prescaler) and a simple Input for PA8 pin. The code was generated to CubeIDE and "SystemClock_Config" function calls this method at the end:

HAL_RCC_MCOConfig(RCC_MCO1, RCC_MCO1SOURCE_HSI, RCC_MCODIV_128);

But I noticed that both PA9 and PA8 outputs 0.125 MHz, even "MX_GPIO_Init" function setting correctly the pins!

Searching on HAL files, I found that "RCC_MCO1" defines to "RCC_MCO_PA8", so CubeMX should config MCO as "RCC_MCO_PA9".

Can we confirm this as a bug?

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Pedro3,

Based on the description of HAL_RCC_MCOConfig, first parameter should have one of following values:

• RCC_MCO_PA8 Clock source to output on MCO1 pin(PA8)
  • RCC_MCO_PA9 Clock source to output on MCO1 pin(PA9)
  • RCC_MCO_PD10 Clock source to output on MCO1 pin(PD10)
  • RCC_MCO_PF2 Clock source to output on MCO1 pin(PF2)
  • RCC_MCO_PA10 Clock source to output on MCO2 pin(PA10)
  • RCC_MCO_PA15 Clock source to output on MCO2 pin(PA15)
  • RCC_MCO_PB2 Clock source to output on MCO2 pin(PB2)
  • RCC_MCO_PD7 Clock source to output on MCO2 pin(PD7)

Could you please try replacing RCC_MCO1 by RCC_MCO_PA9?

I look forward for the result of this test on your side before making internal request for the fix.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Amel NASRI 

Yes, replacing RCC_MCO1 by RCC_MCO_PA9 solves the issue. Tested.

Thank you

Hi @Pedro3 ,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I reported this issue to development team.

Internal ticket number: 178119 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.