cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I-DISCO doesn't generate the SPI2 Clock on arduino pin (D13).

PSOW.1
Associate

Hello,

I tried to use SPI connectivity on STM32F769I-DISCO in order to comminucate with an ADC (LTC2440), but i can't visualize the SPI Clock on my scope. I used the SPI2, so the clock signal can be retrieved on the arduino pin (D13).

Has anyone ever encountred this issue ?

You 'll find attached a part of my code and the clock settings

Best regards.

0693W00000FD1PhQAL.png0693W00000FD1QLQA1.png 

4 REPLIES 4
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please share with us your .ioc file and specify the STM32CubeMX version that you are using.

thanks in advance,

Sara

PSOW.1
Associate

Hello @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ 

Excuse me for this late response.

I am using STM32CubeMX 6.3.0.

You 'll find attached my .ioc file

Best regards,

Pape SOW

Read out and check/post SPI and relevant GPIO registers content.

Make sure there is required connectivity between the mcu pin and the connector (i.e. there's no disconnected jumper or solder bridge) and that there's no connection to on-board circuitry which would be in conflict with the pin. Write a simple program which sets this pin to GPIO Output and in main toggles its output level, and observe on oscilloscope.

JW

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hi @PSOW.1​ ,

Could you please test the loopback example first to verify that the SPI works correctly. You simply need to connect MOSI to MISO and check the pDataRx content after the transfer. 

In order to visualize the clock signal try to adjust the time scale of your scope and make sure to take into account the delay that you added in the while loop.

Regards,

Sara.