Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 - basic LwIP without FreeRTOS

Piotr Roszak
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2017 at 16:32

Hello,

I am using STM32F769I-DISCO board and CubeMX-generated project (v4.19) for this specific board.

I am having troubles to makeminimal working firmware that can just respond to ping sent from my PC. In CubeMX I configured ETH component in RMII mode, LWiP middleware and clocks. I attached print screens with basic ETH and LWiP configurations.

PC that the board is connected to is in the same IP network, IP addresses and masks are correct.

Clocks in the project are configured in the same way as example working project mentioned below (Ethernet PTP is 200MHz). All the ETH GPIOs have default configuration (all Very High output speed, no pulling).

My main function is default main generated by CubeMX, I just added call to MX_LWIP_Process in the infinite while loop.

int main(void)
{
 /* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */
 /* USER CODE END 1 */
 /* MCU Configuration----------------------------------------------------------*/
 /* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
 HAL_Init();
 /* Configure the system clock */
 SystemClock_Config();
 /* Initialize all configured peripherals */
 MX_GPIO_Init();
 MX_LWIP_Init();
 /* USER CODE BEGIN 2 */
 /* USER CODE END 2 */
 /* Infinite loop */
 /* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
 while (1) {
 /* USER CODE END WHILE */
 /* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
 MX_LWIP_Process();
 }
 /* USER CODE END 3 */
}�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?

After flashing the project and running it, it does not get stuck anywhere. It also does not return any error. It constantly calls

MX_LWIP_Process in the while loop, which is desired behavior.

I also do not use any compiler optimizations.

After flashing LwIP_HTTP_Server_Socket_RTOS example project I was able to ping my

STM32F769I-DISCO board, so I assume that there are no hardware connection problems. IP configuration used in this project was exactly the same as in mine.

Thank you for your help,

Piotr

#ethernet #rmii #lwip #cubemx
10 REPLIES 10
world04
Associate II
Posted on April 21, 2017 at 21:18

Check the heap and stack size !!!!