cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32CubeMX] Where to post bug descriptions

ADr.1
Associate II

Hello, all.

How to post info about found bugs in STM32CubeMX?

Can't find correct way for it. (Feedback? ST Online Support Center?)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ADr.1​ , @TDK​ ,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Actually you're right, Prescaler (for Baud Rate) (as well as Baud Rate) are not configurable and should not appear in CubeMX interface when using SPI in slave mode.

In fact, the SPI master always controls the bus traffic and provides the clock signal to the dedicated slave through the SCK line.

This is reported internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 115095 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ADr.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

You can report your finding issues here in the STM32 Community.

I added a couple of topics "STM32CubeMX" & "Bug-report" to your question in order to increase its chance to be reviewed by our CubeMx experts.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ADr.1
Associate II

Thank you, Imen.

1. I see one of them registered already: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000016mim9SAA/is-there-a-way-to-configure-the-order-of-the-auto-generated-code (the same is for SPI initialization).
  2. STM32CubeMX 6.3.0, MCU STM32F103C8Tx: Connectivity / SPI1 / Mode: Full-duplex Slave, there is Prescaler and Baud Rate configuration in Parameter settings, which is useless for slave mode.
Imen.D
ST Employee

@ADr.1​ , Thank you for sharing these issues to us. 

Hi @Khouloud OTHMAN​ , @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

Can you please review the reported issues here?

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

> STM32CubeMX 6.3.0, MCU STM32F103C8Tx: Connectivity / SPI1 / Mode: Full-duplex Slave, there is Prescaler and Baud Rate configuration in Parameter settings, which is useless for slave mode.

In slave mode, the prescaler configures the maximum supported clock rate. Only the prescaler is editable, the baud rate is informational.

0693W00000FBNyCQAX.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ADr.1
Associate II

Thank you, TDK.

Yes, Baud Rate is non-editable.

1. Where is it described (In slave mode, the prescaler configures the maximum supported clock rate)? (My colleague said that in corresponding HAL sources these configs are ignored in slave mode.)
  2. Why there is no such Prescaler configuration for STM32F407VGTx Full-duplex slave mode?

0693W00000FBOO9QAP.png 

Hmm, it looks like I'm just wrong here. I'm not sure why I thought that. In both RMs, the prescaler field (BR) in SPIx_CR1 is ignored. Apologies for the noise.

0693W00000FBOLoQAP.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @ADr.1​ , @TDK​ ,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Actually you're right, Prescaler (for Baud Rate) (as well as Baud Rate) are not configurable and should not appear in CubeMX interface when using SPI in slave mode.

In fact, the SPI master always controls the bus traffic and provides the clock signal to the dedicated slave through the SCK line.

This is reported internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 115095 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.