cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeU0 does not allow NVIC setting for singular use of IWDG

chrislro
Visitor

I like to configure IWDG (with early interrupt), but the UI in STM32CubeMX for IWDG lacks the NVIC settings tab compared to WWDG. I know that both units share the same ISR "WWDG_IWDG_IRQHandler", but why do I need to activate WWDG to get the Interrupt code generated? I really just like to use the IWDG due to its low power (stop 2) capabilities, I don't want the WWDG at all. 

How can I activate the interrupt code generation for IWDG without activating WWDG?

Is this intentionally or is this a bug in STM32CubeU0 MCU package in STM32CubeMx?

ps. latest available versions installed (6.12.1 + STM32CubeU0 Firmware Package V1.1.0 / 05-June-2024)

chrislro_0-1728459967276.png

2 REPLIES 2
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @chrislro

The IWDG early wakeup interrupt can be activated by changing this parameter in stm32CubeMX: 

SarraS_0-1728462556745.png

Also, there is a separate ISR named for early wakeup using HAL named: HAL_IWDG_EarlyWakeupCallback

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I have not yet generated the code. I stumbled over the NVIC setting view in STM32CubeMX. When enabling solely IWDG, setting the values and selecting the IWDG early wakeup interrupt as you mentioned, still in the NVIC configuration, the respective NVIC interrupt is NOT selected and also not manually selectable as it is greyed out.  

As said, when configuring the WWDG, NVIC allows checkmarking the interrupt.

I assume without the checkmark, also code is not generated for the IWDG early wakeup interrupt ISR. As said I have not yet generated code. 

chrislro_0-1728465854067.png

ps. Currently I am using the Nucleo-U031R8