cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX clock setting

YChan
Associate

Hi,

I am using STM32F469 discovery kit for a audio processing study. I am using STM32CubeMX (ver 6.2.0) for project setup and init code generation. In my application, I found a clock sync problem on MIC and Codec Playback. After some tracings, I found the code seemed different to GUI setting. On GUI, I took PLLI2SQ for SAI-A clock source as below:

but I found that auto-gen code was set to SAI_CLKSOURCE_PLLSAI. Then I manually changed it to SAI_CLKSOURCE_PLLI2S, then sync problem seemed gone.

Would it be a bug of the tool? Or would I miss something else?

Good day,

Young

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @YChan​ ,

Good news 😊 I am pleased to inform you that this issue is fixed in the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0.

Now, the selected clock source in CubeMX clock tree is correctly generated.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
YChan
Associate

copy and paste pics were missing in last post, please see belows:

GUI clock setting:

0693W000008zLozQAE.png 

Manually changed code:

0693W000008zLp4QAE.pngGood day.

Young

BParh.1
Senior III

Good questions, I also encountered that not all clock settings that are auto corrected by STM32CubeMX necessarily the solution. I wish there are some kinds of docs or video training to explain them

Hello @YChan​ ,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

Thanks for your feedback and for raising this issue, it will be reported internally to be reviewed. I'll surely keep you posted with updates.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thanks a lot for you contribution.

Khouloud.

Hi @YChan​ ,

Good news 😊 I am pleased to inform you that this issue is fixed in the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0.

Now, the selected clock source in CubeMX clock tree is correctly generated.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.