cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX as Eclipse plugin on Linux 64 machine

syanke
Associate
Posted on February 26, 2014 at 01:38

I was able to download and install the STM32CubeMX plugin from ST (stsw-stm32095.zip) into my Eclipse 64-bit Kepler SR-1 software on a Linux 64-bit machine.  Opening the perspective created a problem - An internal error of ''../plugins/com.st.microxplorer.rcp_4.0.0.201402191421//db/plugins/projectmanager/linux/64/toolgen.so not found'' message came up.  Looking through the jar files in the zip file, it appears that only Windows dlls (32 and 64) can be found in the projectmanager directory of the plugin.

The slightly older version of microxplorer (pre-STM32CubeMX) dated from Sept 2013 was able to run, in it's own limited way, without hitting this type of error.

Was Linux just overlooked with this plugin, or is it really just for Windows only?

#bug #stm32cubemx #stm32cubemx-eclipse-linux
21 REPLIES 21
tommi
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2016 at 19:46

I just downloaded and installed CubeMx 4.16.1 on Ubuntu 14.04. Everything went well and the program is running and I can generate project files.

The downloaded .zip file had a linux installer. Just double clicked and it installed without any hacking.

Thanks very much, this is a very useful tool!

wolfgang wayalnd
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2018 at 07:50

Bummer, I'm looking forward to being able to use the plug-in  on  Linux. I spent many hours trying to make it work, to no avail!. I'll just go on to another vendor for my product that supports Linux. After 20 plus years of problems with Microsoft's flowed OS,   I refuse to do any development on windows!   Skoal!