cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIde wipes out my include paths that I have added into the project. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, can it be fixed?

DJohn.13
Associate II

After creating a project, using the STM32CubeMx feature within STM32CubeIde, I typically add some additional include paths using project>properties>C /C++ General>Path and Symbols>Includes. However, if I go back into the STM32Cube ioc file and add features followed by saving and generating new feature code all of my custom include paths are wiped out. What pain!

STM32CubeMx is good about leaving custom code untouched (if located in the proper areas) but isn't user friendly when any project properties are added. Am I missing a control option that might prevent this from happening?

1 REPLY 1
DJohn.13
Associate II

This is the same problem as 'Prebuild and post build step deleted when the project is regenerated from CubeMx' except that it also affects Include paths and Environmental symbols/variables (and probably anything else customized in the properties menus. This problem is scheduled to be fixed. See: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BFzqKOSQZ/prebuild-and-post-build-step-deleted-when-the-project-is-regenerated-from-cubemx