cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE generated xxx_FLASH.ld file does not include ALIGN(4) in some FLASH sections

RajeevAroraCrcEvans
Associate III

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI 

I generated C code and other files after opening .IOC file in STM32CubeIDE (not STM32CubeMX).

I observe many FLASH sections in the STM32H753BITX_FLASH.ld file do not call ALIGN(4).

The left side file is the one that got generated after generating code, where is the right side file is the one that I have received from my colleague.

RajeevAroraCrcEvans_0-1707892750372.png

I hereby request that STM32CubeMX be updated to include the ALIGN(4) wherever necessary.

Regards,

Rajeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @RajeevAroraCrcEvans ,

Thank you for rising this up.

I escalated this issue internally to fix these linkers via Internal ticket number: 173671.

(PS: internal ticket number 173671 is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @RajeevAroraCrcEvans ,

I let my colleague @Imen.D  check the issue with you 🙂

Have a nice day,

Khouloud

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @RajeevAroraCrcEvans ,

Thank you for rising this up.

I escalated this issue internally to fix these linkers via Internal ticket number: 173671.

(PS: internal ticket number 173671 is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

It probably should align things, as the ARM ABI has expectations, and it is more efficient. CM0(+) prone to Hard Fault on misalignment, and a lot of the STM32 have 32, 64, 128-bit FLASH lines

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..