Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 Firmware Relative Path feature broken

KnarfB
Principal III

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.9.0

Build: 12015_20220302_0855 (UTC)

Win11

one cannot set a custom firmware path, checkbox and path entry are missing, see attached screenshot.

Same works on CubeMX 6.5.0

hth

KnarfB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe such is helping you:

0693W00000LzJXPQA3.jpgThis way you can set your own global local repo if FW packs. But I would recommend to point on expected FW pack release.

You have many ways thru file system to force version you want but part of your own risk then. It may perfectly work or not ... depends on IPs you're relying on etc etc ...

True STM32CubeIDE is claiming STM32CubeMX integration and myself I consider such is validated. But integration does not mean 100% match some features or options from time to time are lacking relying on good reasons I guess ... I may agree an IDE context is not same that a point tool one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

According to me such "feature" has never been supported if STM32CubeIDE.

On one hand we can claim it's a pain not being able to target FW pack you want as end user, I definitively agree on.

On the other hand tools & drivers are improved over time being updated etc. ... sounds like good idea to not expose end user to compatibility breaks .... STM32CubeMX way of working is quite coupled to FW packs content ... opening door pointing to any FW pack is quite at risk to my understanding.

Myself I consider such feature lock more safer ...

My use case is: no internet access to the ST servers (corporate network, firewalls, ...) and the firmware repository is on some centralized local server with a non-default path.

Moreover, the feature is present in CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE claims (about box) to integrate

STM32CubeMX - STM32 Device Configuration Tool

Version: 6.5.0-RC4

Build: 20220225-1913 (UTC)

Btw, you can pick older firmware release in CubeIDE, this works. Only the path entry missing.

hth

KnarfB

Maybe such is helping you:

0693W00000LzJXPQA3.jpgThis way you can set your own global local repo if FW packs. But I would recommend to point on expected FW pack release.

You have many ways thru file system to force version you want but part of your own risk then. It may perfectly work or not ... depends on IPs you're relying on etc etc ...

True STM32CubeIDE is claiming STM32CubeMX integration and myself I consider such is validated. But integration does not mean 100% match some features or options from time to time are lacking relying on good reasons I guess ... I may agree an IDE context is not same that a point tool one.

That a valid workaround, thanks

KnarfB