cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] STM32CubeMX does not properly generate files for STM32CubeIDE.

bugiii
Associate II

I am using SW4STM32 as the toolchain in STM32CubeMX v5.4.0. The MCU I am using is the STM32H7 series.

In order to transfer Toolchain to STM32CubeIDE v.1.1.0, like SW4STM32, STM32CubeIDE was selected in Toolchain and GENERATE CODE button was pressed.

However, only Core and Driver codes are generated regardless of whether or not Generate Under Root is checked. Project files (.project, .cproject), .ld files, and startup code are not generated.

As with other similar questions ( https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlcdBSSQY/stm32cubeide-cant-compile-stm32cubemx-520-projects-for-stm32cubeide?t=1571237740185 ), I uninstalled Java and MX and did a fresh install with the 64-bit version, but that didn't fix the problem.

Please let me know if there is a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bugiii
Associate II

After a completely new installation of Windows 10 and an offline Java 64-bit version, I installed CubeMX v5.4.0 and it worked fine.

On machines that already have MX v5.3.0 installed, the following worked fine:

1. Uninstall Java completely and install the offline 64-bit version.

2. Do not update inside MX v5.3.0, uninstall v5.3.0 completely and install v5.4.0.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Maybe some weird metadata preventing you to succeed ? Could you have a try to remove <user>/.stm32cubeide folder and get a new try ?

bugiii
Associate II

I tried removing all the .stm32cubeide directories on the disk, but with the same result.

bugiii
Associate II

After a completely new installation of Windows 10 and an offline Java 64-bit version, I installed CubeMX v5.4.0 and it worked fine.

On machines that already have MX v5.3.0 installed, the following worked fine:

1. Uninstall Java completely and install the offline 64-bit version.

2. Do not update inside MX v5.3.0, uninstall v5.3.0 completely and install v5.4.0.